Inspired by this tweet:
Caramelized Beetroot soup: Peel and dice beetroot, peel some garlic, heat butter in a pressure cooker, add beetroot and garlic, a pinch of baking soda & tiny bit of water and pressure cook for 30 minutes. Immersion blend, salt & optionally, add a few drops of Balsamic vinegar— Krish Ashok (@krishashok) March 30, 2020
- Some beet roots
- A little onion
- Some cauliflower (blanched)
- Generous quantity of butter
- Ginger and garlic
- A little baking soda
- Heat butter in pressure cooker
- As it’s melting, add chopped beet root and onion
- After a few minutes, add cauliflower
- Add a little water – maybe half a cup
- Close pressure cooker and let cook for a long time (I did 20 minutes)
- After it cools down, add it to mixer and blend
Enjoy as soup
- The baking soda apparently helps caramelize the beetroots.
- Beetroots are sweet.
- Blend till it’s smooth.
- Don’t use the mixer when it’s hot!